Autopsy Training – 12 CPE Credits
Instructor: Basis Technology
Date/Time: October 18 – 19, 2017 (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
Location: Hyatt Regency Dulles, 2300 Dulles Corner Blvd., Herndon, VA, 20171
The Autopsy course is a two day in depth dive into the most popular open source digital forensics platform for Windows. The course is taught by the primary contributors and supporters of the project and will teach students about the details of its analysis process as well as provide case based learning to exercise your skills. Upon course end, a certificate of completion will be issued to all students for submission of CPE credits towards certification maintenance.
Autopsy is an end-to-end open source digital forensics platform for hard drive analysis that is used by thousands of digital investigators worldwide. The platform is known for being fast, intuitive, and extensible with a vibrant open source community that supports it. The Autopsy 4 Training class, led by Basis Technology, is a hands-on case study providing an in-depth education on the powerful free tool every digital investigator should have in their tool chain. Attendees will learn how to use Autopsy 4 to execute an end-to-end digital investigation on a hard drive and understand best practices with Autopsy to achieve optimal results.
Class highlights include:
- Autopsy set-up and overview
- Case and data source management
- Learn about each module (Keyword search, hash lookup, EXIF, Registry, etc.) and how to use them
- Learn how to use Autopsy in your cases.
What to Bring:
- A Windows laptop (or VM)
- Download Autopsy in advance from: http://sleuthkit.org/autopsy/
- 64-bit platform is preferred
- 3 Ghz processor
- We will have two images, some hash sets, etc. so you will need to have 20GB of free disk space
- More memory is always better. We recommend 8 GB RAM or more