2019 Autopsy Module Virtual Hackathon
To help get some Autopsy modules written for the annual competition, we’re going to host a virtual hackathon on August 22. Here’s how it is going to work:
- Basis Technology will make its engineers available that day (primarily during US Eastern time) to answer questions and provide some feedback on modules.
- Additional details will be posted soon, but you’ll be able to get access to the engineers by:
- Posting to a dedicated hackathon section of the forum. That section will be unlocked for that day and not require moderation.
- Sending an email to autopsy-hackathon-2019 <at> basistech.com. We will respond to emails only on the day of the event.
- We’ll provide answers, suggestions, and jump onto screen sharing sessions (such as Google Meet) to help you out.
- If you live in a timezone that doesn’t really overlap with the Eastern timezone, we’ll let you submit questions early and we can try to help out the day before or after.
Before the hackathon, we suggest you read up on the basics of Autopsy modules, come up with an idea, and start to work on it. Then, you’ll know what questions to ask.